1. What does the bald eagle symbolize?
2. Last week Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said that the federal government needs to give hundreds of billions of dollars more in bailout money to the banks (in addition to the $700 billion already approved by Congress). How does the cartoonist feel about the federal government giving more bailout money to banks?
3. How do you feel about the federal government giving more bailout money to banks? Ask a parent the same question.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the answers.
1. The bald eagle symbolizes the United States and therefore represents U.S. citizens in this cartoon.
2. Cartoonist Steve Breen does not like the idea – he thinks the banks have already received enough money – note the dismayed look on the eagle’s face as she asks with disbelief “They’re still hungry?”
3. Opinion question. Answers vary.