print Print Cartoon
1. What is the main idea of this cartoon? (What assertion is cartoonist Mike Lester making about the presidential race?)
a) the media’s view of Hillary Clinton is that she is Democratic royalty
b) everyone in the media is out to get Donald Trump
c) the media employ a double-standard in their treatment of the Democratic and Republican presidential candidates
d) the media think Hillary Clinton needs to be carried across the finish line
2. Do you agree with the cartoonists’ assertion? Explain your answer.
3. Do you think your answer to #2 would be different depending on which candidate you support? Explain your answer.
4. Ask a parent the same questions.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the answers.
1. c) the media employ a double-standard in their treatment of the Democratic and Republican presidential candidates
2. Opinion question. Answers vary.
3. Opinion question. Answers vary.
4. Answers vary.