print Print Cartoon
1. Which comic device does the cartoonist use to make his point? (Which best fits this cartoon?) Explain your answer.
2. Why did you choose the answer you did?
Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the answers.
1. c) parody
2. parody is a humorous or satirical imitation of a serious piece of literature or writing; a work in which the style of an author or work is closely imitated for comic effect or in ridicule
The cartoonist did not use:
- caricature – the exaggeration of a physical feature or habit; a drawing that makes someone look funny or foolish because some part of the person’s appearance is exaggerated
- pun – a “play on words” – a type of humor using a word or phrase that has two meanings
- irony – when the opposite of what you expect to happen occurs