print Print Cartoon
1. When is Election Day?
2. Which of the following best expresses the cartoonist’s point of view?
a) TV election coverage is broadcast too late at night for the average American.
b) Many Americans are more concerned with entertainment than elections.
c) Election coverage is so boring that American Idol fans can’t stand to watch it.
d) Political candidates should try to be as entertaining as American Idol contestants.
3. Do you agree with the cartoonist’s point of view? Explain your answer.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the answers.
1. Election Day is the Tuesday following the first Monday in November. This year Election Day is November 2.
2. b) Many Americans are more concerned with entertainment than elections.
3. Opinion question. Answers vary.