1. President Obama has announced his intention to bypass Congress to advance his administration’s goals. He told his Cabinet “We are not just going to be waiting for legislation…” What did President Obama also say regarding his plan to act alone?
a) “Congress is irrelevant”
b) “I’ve got a pen and I’ve got a phone”
c) “I’m an army of one”
2. What term describes President Obama’s decision to act without Congressional approval?
a) executive order
b) executive privilege
c) executive audacity
d) executive power
3. Which comic device does the cartoonist use to make his point? Explain your answer.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the answers.
1. b) “I’ve got a pen and I’ve got a phone”
2. a) executive order
3. d) exaggeration – the cartoonist is exaggerating how far the President will go in acting without Congress