The following is an excerpt from OpinionJournal’s “Best of the Web” at WSJ written by the editor, James Taranto.
Hey, Kids! What Time Is It?
- “Twitter Says It’s Time for Must-Tweet TV”–headline, Recode .net, Sept. 18
- “Royal Philips Says It Is Time to Change the Light Bulb”–headline, MediaPost, Sept. 18
- “Avast, Me Hearties! It’s Time to Talk Like a Pirate Again”–headline, Sunshine Coast Daily(Maroochydore, Australia), Sept. 19
Question and Answer–I
- “Does Hillary Clinton Have Anything to Say?”–headline, TheAtlantic, Sept. 19
- “Clinton Silent on 2016 Bid as Campaign-Style Actions Begin to Speak Volumes”–headline, New York Times, Sept. 13
Question and Answer–II
- “Is Environmentalism a Religion?”–headline, Cato Institute website, Jan. 2, 2010
- “Scientists Turn to Pope Francis and World’s Religions to Save the Planet”–headline, Daily Telegraph (London), Sept. 18, 2014
Bottom Story of the Day
“Firefighters Release Woman Stuck in Bedroom Because of Broken Door Handle”–headline, Halifax (Nova Scotia) Courier, Sept. 6
[Note: The excerpts above are from the Sept. 19 and Sept. 8 BOTW archives.] For more “Best of the Web” click here and look for the “Best of the Web Today” link in the middle column below “Today’s Columnists.”