How many of the following questions can you answer?
1. What group began the tradition of Thanksgiving?
2. Why did they celebrate Thanksgiving?
3. When did Thanksgiving become a national holiday?
4. Why did the Pilgrims leave Europe?
5. How did the Pilgrims emigrate to the New World?
6. What is the Mayflower Compact?
7. What is the significance of the Mayflower Compact?
8. What does the Mayflower Compact say?
9. Why didn’t the pilgrims sail to the original destination in Virginia?
10. What role did the lone surviving Indian play in the lives of the Pilgrims?
11. What was William Bradford’s proclamation for Thanksgiving?
12. Were the colonists dedicated to Christian principles in their lives on days other than Thanksgiving?
13. How did the Puritans organize their economic activities?
14. What has been the significance of the Pilgrims and their legacy of Thanksgiving?
15. How were Christian principles brought to the founding of this republic?
16. How influential were Christian ideas in the Constitution?
17. Weren’t many of the founders non-Christians?
18. How important was Christianity in colonial education in America?
19. How important was Christianity in colonial higher education?
20. If Christianity was so important in colonial America, why does the Constitution establish a wall of separation between church and state?
Click here for the answers.
(Regular news quiz resumes week ending 11/30/07.)