1. The people of what country enthusiastically welcomed President Bush this week?
2. The leader of which country, who gained control as a result of a military coup, faces being ousted from office due to among other things, his suspension of the chief justice of the country?
a) President Hamid Karzai of Afghanistan
b) Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki
c) Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey
d) President Pervez Musharraf of Pakistan
3. The Victims of Communism Memorial, dedicated this week in Washington D.C., honors the ____________ victims of Communist governments?
b) 1 million
c) 10 million
d) 100 million
4. Which two groups are fighting each other in the Gaza Strip, controlled by the Palestinian Authority?
a) Israeli soldiers and Fatah
b) Hamas and Fatah
c) Hamas and Israeli soldiers
d) Palestinian Authority government forces and Israeli soldiers
5. For what reason has a U.S. federal grand jury indicted a legendary Hmong resistance leader?
a) he conspired to obtain weapons and mercenaries to overthrow the communist regime in Laos
b) he conspired to obtain weapons and mercenaries to overthrow the Bush administration
c) he conspired to blow up fuel tanks at JFK Airport in Queens, NY
d) he conspired to attack and kill as many soliers as possible on a U.S. army base
1. b) Albania
2. d) President Pervez Musharraf of Pakistan
3. d) 100 million
4. b) Hamas and Fatah
5. a) he conspired to obtain weapons and mercenaries to overthrow the communist regime in Laos