DIRECTIONS: Fill in the blank with the correct answer.
1. Dmitry Medvedev won this week’s Russian election to succeed _________________________ as president.
2. Under the Russian constitution, the president is only permitted to serve ______________ consecutive terms.
3. Ecuador and ____________________ ordered troops to their respective borders with Colombia this week.
4. Colombia ordered a raid into Ecuadorian territory as an act of defense to specifically destroy a top leader of the terrorist group _________________.
5. Speaking at the 2008 International Conference on Climate Change held in NYC this week, physicist Fred Singer blamed ___________________, not human activity for global warming.
6. The purpose of the 2008 International Conference on Climate Change held in NYC this week was to give ______________________ the opportunity to freely express their views on climate change.
7. Slavery has existed in Mauritania for ___________ years.
8. __________% of Mauritanians are slaves.
9. _____________ celebrated the murder of eight Jewish seminary students in yesterday by a Palestinian gunman.
10. The Palestinian gunman is believed to have been seeking revenge for Israeli army attacks on Palestinian terrorists who were launching rockets at Israeli ________________. The Israeli attacks killed not only the terrorists, but many Palestinian civilians as well.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.