DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true.
1. __________________ Kim Jong-il is the new president of South Korea.
2. __________________ The major difference between South Korea’s newly elected president and the two previous presidents is that he is conservative and they were both left-wing.
3. __________________ The members of the six-party talks include the U.S., China, Japan, North Korea, South Korea and Great Britain.
4. __________________ Under the October 3, 2007 agreement, North Korea agreed to disable its nuclear reactor at Yongbyon and provide a complete and correct declaration of all its nuclear programs by Dec. 31st.
5. __________________ The task of U.S. troops stationed in northern Iraq is to support the Iraqi police and military with the purpose of putting an Iraqi face on missions to lessen the impression of Americans as occupiers while increasing the impression of Americans as partners.
6. __________________ The troop surge in northern Iraq has failed to make progress in working with local Iraqis to defeat al Qaeda there.
7. __________________ Hamas leader Hassan Nasrallah has vowed revenge on Israel for this month’s assassination of terrorist mastermind Mughniyeh.
8. __________________ Despite the presence of U.N. peacekeepers in southern Lebanon, Hezbollah has continued its build-up of forces there.
9. __________________ Kenya’s president and the opposition leader signed a power-sharing deal yesterday to end the fight over who was the legitimate winner of the Dec. 27 election.
10. __________________ Under the power sharing agreement made by Kenya’s presidential candidates, opposition leader Raila Odinga will become the prime minister.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.