1. In what year was Abraham Lincoln born?
2. How old was George Washington when he copied the “110 Rules of Civility and Decent Behaviour in Company and Conversation”?
3. The province of Kosovo declared its independence from which country this week?
4. How did the U.S. react to Kosovo’s declaration of independence?
a) declared war on the new country
b) sent troops in to conquer the new country
c) urged other provinces around the world who are seeking independence to follow Kosovo’s lead
d) formally recognized the new country and appealed for the EU and World Bank to assist in Kosovo’s growth
5. Cuban dictator Fidel Castro this week resigned and turned over the power of the government to:
a) the people
b) democratic elections
c) his brother Raul
d) his mother Maria
6. Fidel Castro is a
7. The party winning the most seats in Pakistan’s parliamentary elections this week was:
a) Benazir Bhutto’s Pakistan’s Peoples Party
b) pro-Taliban/pro-al-Qaeda party Jamiat-e-Ulema Islami
c) former Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s party Pakistan Muslim League
d) President Pervez Musharraf’s Pakistan Muslim League-Q
8. Benazir Bhutto will not become the prime minister because
a) she was assassinated while campaigning in December
b) her party did not receive a majority of seats
c) a woman has never been prime minister of Pakistan
d) President Musharraf forbids it
9. Which one of the following political parties of Pakistan will not be included in those forming a coalition government in the National Assembly?
a) Pakistan Muslim League-N headed by former prime minister Nawaz Sharif
b) the Awami National Party, consisting of secular-oriented ethnic Pashtuns based in two provinces that border Afghanistan
c) the Pakistan Peoples Party, headed by Asif Ali Zardari, husband of slain former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto
d) Pakistan Muslim League-Q, which has supported President Musharraf for the past five years
10. Who will be appointed the new Prime Minister of Pakistan?
a) It has not yet been determined
b) Nawaz Sharif
c) Asif Ali Zardari
d) Pervez Musharraf