DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true.
1. __________________ Martin Luther King Jr. gave his “I Have A Dream” speech at the Statue of Liberty in New York.
2. __________________ Martin Luther King Jr. was one of the main leaders of the American civil rights movement.
3. __________________ The Saudi government is planning to lift its ban on women drivers by the end of 2008.
4. __________________ Women have been prohibited from driving in Saudi Arabia since the establishment of the country in 1982.
5. __________________ North Korea was required to provide in a formal declaration by Dec. 31st information on its current nuclear arsenal and its covert uranium enrichment program.
6. __________________ The North Korean government stated on Jan. 4 that it refused to make a formal declaration on its nuclear program.
7. __________________ Rafah is the only border crossing between Gaza and Egypt.
8. __________________ Hezbollah is believed to be responsible for demolishing border barriers between Egypt and the Gaza Strip this week.
9. __________________ The stimulus plan proposed by the Bush administration is meant to spur economic growth.
10. __________________ Under the $150 billion stimulus plan, all Americans will receive checks from the government for between $300 and $1,200.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.