DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ This week’s Daily News Articles were mainly international news stories.
2. __________________ The tone of the Daily News Articles from this week was hopeless.
3. __________________ Fire chief Jay Jonas and his men credit an injured woman they attempted to carry down the stairs to safety for saving their lives.
4. __________________ The firefighters and the injured woman, Josephine Harris, would get together several times a year until Ms. Harris died of a heart attack earlier this year.
5. __________________ After the terrorist attacks of 9/11, the U.S. closed its airspace to all incoming traffic, and many planes were diverted to Canada.
6. __________________ Some of the planes sent to Canada were sent to the city of Toronto in Newfoundland.
7. __________________ Former President George W. Bush has given many TV interviews about his experience as President on 9/11.
8. __________________ Commenting on his reaction to the news of bin Laden’s death, President Bush said he was so ecstatic that he ran out into the street and passed out candy to all of the neighborhood children.
9. __________________ On Sunday, a decade after the 9/11 terrorist attacks, official memorials at Ground Zero and Shanksville will officially open.
10. __________________ The memorial in Shanksville differs from those at the Pentagon and Ground Zero in that it is in a rural area, 20 minutes from the closest highway.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.