DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ In its 2012 party platform, the Republican Party opposes using taxpayer dollars to fund abortions.
2. __________________ Planned Parenthood agrees with the section of the Republican platform on abortion which states in part that “the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed.”
3. __________________ The focus of First Lady Michelle Obama’s speech at the Democratic National Convention this week was to show how similar President Obama is to Mitt Romney.
4. __________________ The challenge Mrs. Obama faced in her 2012 convention speech was to persuade voters to vote for President Obama again amid high unemployment and the bad economy.
5. __________________ In its original 2012 party platform passed Tuesday, the Democratic party included the name of God, and referred to Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
6. __________________ In a floor vote taken over the amended language of the Party Platform, the Democratic delegates unanimously voted to add a mention of God and acknowledge Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.
7. __________________ Former President Bill Clinton was the 2012 Democratic Convention Chairman who conducted the vote to amend the party platform on Wednesday night.
8. __________________ The Chairman of Nestle Corporation blames the rise in food prices on the increased production of biofuels.
9. __________________ The increased production of biofuels in the U.S. is directly related to a government mandate and government subsidies to the biofuel industry.
10. __________________ The most widely used biofuel is ethanol made from corn.
Free Answers — Sign-up here to receive quiz answers each Monday afternoon.