DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ Dakota Meyer was awarded the Medal of Honor by President Obama recently. Meyer was the first Marine to be given this award for actions in Iraq or Afghanistan.
2. __________________ The Medal of Honor is the U.S.’s highest military award.
3. __________________ A U.S. corporation that supplies parts to a Chinese wind turbine company accused their customer of stealing its technology and has asked authorities in China and the U.S. to help it press charges against the company.
4. __________________ For the past decade, U.S. companies have been the main source of intellectual property rights violations and have caused major Chinese corporations to bring charges against them over this theft.
5. __________________ An Associated Press fact check this week found that President Obama’s statement that millionaires pay taxes at lower tax rates than middle-class families is true.
6. __________________ In its fact check of President Obama’s claim about the rich paying a lower tax rate, the AP explains that wages are taxed at a lower rate than investment income.
7. __________________ At the annual United Nations meeting this week, Palestinian President Mahmud Abbas planned to ask the U.N. Security Council to recognize the right of Israel to exist.
8. __________________ After President Obama’s efforts to improve relations with the Muslim world over the past two years, the percentage of Muslims who had a favorable view of the U.S. rose.
9. __________________ Over the summer, researchers from a Berlin university successfully tested a completely driverless car.
10. __________________ The head of the driverless car research project estimates that driverless cars will become affordable for the average American in 3-4 years.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.