1. 63% percent of likely voters polled by Rasmussen recently knew which parties control the House and Senate. That is:
a) the Democrats control the Senate and the Republicans control the House
b) the Republicans control the House and the Senate
c) the Republicans control the Senate and the Democrats control the House
d) the Democrats control the House and the Senate
2. Which one is correct?
a) the Republican leaders in Congress are Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi and the Democratic leaders are Mitch McConnell and John Boehner
b) the Democratic leaders in Congress are John Kerry and Hillary Clinton and the Republican leaders are Sarah Palin and John McCain
c) the Democratic leaders in Congress are Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi and the Republican leaders are Mitch McConnell and John Boehner
d) none of the above
3. Over 100 students in a NYC public high school were pulled out of the hallway the first week of school for breaking the school’s dress code. The dress code crackdown forced the students to either cover up, or wait in the auditorium until a parent arrived with appropriate attire. The new principal:
a) fired the custodians who decided to enforce the dress code policy in the hallways
b) is implementing the dress code as part of an overall enforcement of existing school rules and discipline code
c) does not approve of the new dress code
d) is a megalomanic
4. The NYC high school’s dress code policy reads: “All clothing and accessories must not be disruptive to teaching and learning.” The principal explained that the regulations are necessary to prepare students for college and the workforce. The dress code policy is named:
a) “What Not to Wear”
b) “Tottenville High School Dress Code Policy”
c) “Dress for Success”
d) “Say Yes to the Dress”
5. This week President Obama appointed retired U.S. General John Allen to the position of “Special Presidential Envoy for the Global Coalition to Counter Isil.”
Gen. Allen is a former chief of NATO forces in ____________________ and commander of U.S. troops in western ___________________.
a) Syria and Iran
b) Afghanistan and Iraq
c) Argentina and Israel
d) Germany and Ireland
6. Gen. Allen is a respected military thinker who has urged President Obama to _______________ ISIS.
b) negotiate with
7. In a major announcement this week, President Obama called West Africa’s deadly Ebola outbreak a looming threat to global security and announced a major expansion of the U.S. role in trying to halt its spread, including deployment of _____________ to the region.
a) 3,000 US troops
b) 3,000 UN peacekeepers
c) 3,000 WHO doctors
d) 3,000 NATO special advisors
8. President Obama made his announcement about his plan for addressing the Ebola crisis from the headquarters of:
a) the European Union (EU)
b) the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
c) the World Health Organization (WHO)
d) the United Nations General Assembly (UN)
9. ______________ security forces have prevented an Islamic State plot to carry out a filmed beheading of a random person in one of the major cities “within days” as part of a series of gruesome public executions.
10. The purpose of this Islamic State (ISIS) plot was to ____________________________ the citizens of the country.
a) shock, horrify and terrorize
b) show their gratitude to
c) make themselves known to
d) irritate and annoy
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.