DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ It was reported this week that 11 commercial jetliners are missing from the main airport in France’s capital of Tripoli.
2. __________________ Anonymous sources have said that U.S. intelligence agencies have warned that the jets could be used in terrorist attacks.
3. __________________ In June, President Obama promised by summer’s end to change U.S. immigration policy because he hasn’t been able to work with Congress to implement immigration reform.
4. __________________ According to a White House official’s announcement on Saturday, President Obama will only take action on immigration reform after the midterm elections in November due to pressure from Senate Republicans who are afraid they won’t get re-elected if he does so.
5. __________________ The Star Spangled Banner was written by Francis Scott Key after witnessing the bombardment of Fort McHenry by British ships during the Revolutionary War.
6. __________________ The fourth stanza of the Star Spangled Banner includes the line “And this be our motto: ‘In God is our trust.’”
7. __________________ The focus of the 9/11 commemoration at Ground Zero each year is remembering the victims by reading all of their names.
8. __________________ Four planes were hijacked on 9/11 by terrorists who were Muslim extremists from the Islamic terrorist group al-Qaeda.
9. __________________ During his speech on ISIS, President Obama said America’s objective is to “degrade, and ultimately destroy ISIS through a comprehensive and sustained counterterrorism strategy.”
10. __________________ President Obama’s view of ISIS has changed from less than a year ago when he referred to the terrorist organization as the “JV team.”
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.