DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ On September 11, the city of Sacramento will hold a parade to honor three hometown heroes who thwarted a terrorist attack on a train in France by charging the gunman, tackling him and taking control.
2. __________________ Two of the three young men to be honored in Sacramento are in the Peace Corps.
3. __________________ On Monday, President Obama signed an executive order requiring government contractors to give their employees six weeks of paid vacation.
4. __________________ President Obama also wants Congress to pass a law requiring every company in the U.S. to give employees six weeks of paid vacation.
5. __________________ In an interview this week, Democratic Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton said she was sorry for using a personal email account while she was First Lady instead of the usual .gov email account she should have used.
6. __________________ Mrs. Clinton said she did not send or receive any material marked classified through her email account, which was set up on a private server in her home.
7. __________________ Last month, Mrs. Clinton turned over her private server and thumb drive, which had been wiped clean, to the Justice Department amid a federal investigation into the security of the server and whether there was classified information in the emails from the private account she was using.
8. __________________ The September 11 attacks were a series of four suicide attacks committed by Islamic terrorists against United States civilians on September 11, 2001, coordinated to strike the areas of New York City and Washington, D.C.
9. __________________ On 9/11, 19 terrorists from the Islamist militant group Islamic State hijacked four passenger jets and flew two into the North and South towers of the World Trade Center.
10. __________________ In May 2011, after years at large, Osama bin Laden, the head of the terror group, was located and killed in Pakistan by U.S. Navy SEAL Team Six.