DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ On September 11, the city of Sacramento will hold a parade to honor three hometown heroes who thwarted a terrorist attack on a train in France by charging the gunman, tackling him and taking control.
2. __________________ Two of the three young men to be honored in Sacramento are in the Peace Corps.
3. __________________ On Monday, President Obama signed an executive order requiring government contractors to give their employees six weeks of paid vacation.
4. __________________ President Obama also wants Congress to pass a law requiring every company in the U.S. to give employees six weeks of paid vacation.
5. __________________ In an interview this week, Democratic Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton said she was sorry for using a personal email account while she was First Lady instead of the usual .gov email account she should have used.
6. __________________ Mrs. Clinton said she did not send or receive any material marked classified through her email account, which was set up on a private server in her home.
7. __________________ Last month, Mrs. Clinton turned over her private server and thumb drive, which had been wiped clean, to the Justice Department amid a federal investigation into the security of the server and whether there was classified information in the emails from the private account she was using.
8. __________________ The September 11 attacks were a series of four suicide attacks committed by Islamic terrorists against United States civilians on September 11, 2001, coordinated to strike the areas of New York City and Washington, D.C.
9. __________________ On 9/11, 19 terrorists from the Islamist militant group Islamic State hijacked four passenger jets and flew two into the North and South towers of the World Trade Center.
10. __________________ In May 2011, after years at large, Osama bin Laden, the head of the terror group, was located and killed in Pakistan by U.S. Navy SEAL Team Six.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.