1. How does the CIA explain its lack of translators capable of reading and speaking languages used in Pakistan and Afghanistan?
a) potential candidates are not able to get security clearance because they attend mosques where extremism is preached, or have relatives deemed not trustworthy
b) potential candidates demand ten times the salary offered
c) potential candidates are not able to get security clearance because of prior arrests for felonies
d) potential candidates are too afraid of terrorist reprisals to actually take the job
2. Why don’t U.S. intelligence agencies hire and train English speaking Americans to become translators?
a) the required languages and their dialects are too difficult for Americans to master
b) Americans don’t want these jobs because they would rather speak English
c) U.S. intelligence agencies do not have anyone capable of training them in these languages
d) the required languages and their dialects are difficult to learn and take years to master – once they are trained they can make more money elsewhere
3. What is the Flight 93 National Memorial?
a) a memorial to the passengers and crew who died in the crash into WTC Tower 1 after being attacked by terrorists on September 11, 2001
b) a memorial to the passengers and crew who died in the crash into the Pentagon after being attacked by terrorists on September 11, 2001
c) a memorial to the passengers and crew who died in the crash into a Pennsylvania field after being attacked by terrorists on September 11, 2001
d) a memorial to the passengers and crew who died in the crash into WTC Tower 2 after being attacked by terrorists on September 11, 2001
4. ____________ recently reached agreements with eight land owners to purchase their land in Pennsylvania in order to build a Flight 93 National Memorial.
a) the World Trade Center Memorial Foundation
b) Families of Flight 93
c) the Smithsonian Museum
d) the U.S. National Park Service
5. President Obama hosted a Ramadan feast this week
a) at the largest mosque in Washington, D.C.
b) in the family dining room at the White House
c) at an interfaith gathering in a local synagogue
d) at the State Dining Room in the White House
6. The President hosted the dinner as a way to
a) forward his goal of reaching out to the Muslim world
b) enjoy a nice dinner with some family and friends
c) reward some of his largest Muslim American donors
d) join Muslims, Jews and Christians together in a time of reconciliation
7. The U.S. Court of Appeals this week upheld a U.S. ban on _____________ gambling
b) college football
8. Why is Democratic Congressman Barney Frank leading the fight to legalize online gambling?
a) to collect taxes on any revenue made by the gamblers
b) to help people overcome their gambling addiction
c) to be a role model for kids
d) to encourage people to save money so they can afford their own home
9. What do recent polls indicate about the American public’s support for the war in Afghanistan?
a) Democrat support for the war greatly surpasses that of Republican support.
b) Only Republican lawmakers think the President should work harder to rally public support for the war.
c) A majority of voters oppose the war for the first time since the conflict began eight years ago.
d) Support for the war has increased significantly since Barack Obama became president.
10. Who is the top commander in Afghanistan?
a) General Tommy Franks
b) General Colin Powell
c) General David Petraeus
d) General Stanley McChrystal