DIRECTIONS: Decide whether the bolded section is true or false. Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false bolded statement to make it true.
1. __________________ The Delaware DMV has installed “selfie zones” at their four locations to allow new drivers to take selfies without posing with their drivers license.
2. __________________ The goal for the new selfie backdrops is to allow newly licensed drivers to share the news to social media without sharing their personal information. U.S. driver’s licenses contain personal information including the driver’s full name, picture, DOB, license number, and social security number.
3. __________________ In a meeting during the UN General Assembly this week, 29 countries signed on to a U.S.-drafted pledge to fight the global drug problem – they pledged to develop national action plans to combat the scourge of illicit drugs in their countries.
4. __________________ The newly elected Prime Minister of Great Britain declined to take part in the Trump-led U.S. Global Call to Action initiative on drugs, saying “We have a number of challenges that are quite specific to [our country] and the particular drugs that are present…”
5. __________________ In his address to the UN General Assembly this week, President Trump emphasized the importance of national sovereignty over globalism.
6. __________________ In his speech, President Trump noted that the U.S. will continue imposing, or add sanctions to: North Korea, Iran and Venezuela.
7. __________________ The president credited the U.S. military and our Middle Eastern partners for driving ISIS out from the territory they once held in Iraq and Syria.
8. __________________ In his speech to the UN, President Trump noted that trade between the U.S. and the rest of the world needs to be fair and reciprocal.
9. __________________ John L. Canley, a retired Marine sergeant major will receive the nations’ highest military honor, the Purple Heart at the White House next month.
10. __________________ John L. Canley was a gunnery sergeant when he led Company A, 1st Battalion, 1st Marines into Vietnam’s Hue City on Jan. 31, 1968.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.