DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ The Obama administration’s plans to set up a deal to sell military aircraft to Saudi Arabia, worth up to $60 billion, is the largest U.S. arms deal ever.
2. __________________ The Obama administration plans to promote the aircraft sale to Saudi Arabia as a major job creator.
3. __________________ A retired Chinese factory worker has dug a room 20 feet under his house to provide more living space for his family.
4. __________________ The man dug the room because housing prices in China have skyrocketed so much that he couldn’t afford to buy a larger house.
5. __________________ The U.S. Department of Homeland Security plans to test controversial full-body scanners on illegal immigrants at a Border Patrol station in McAllen, Texas for two weeks in October.
6. __________________ The scanners are believed to be better than fingerprints because they can scan much more quickly than fingerprints.
7. __________________ Approximately 26 states have asked the EPA for an emergency exemption on the ban on the pesticide propoxur to help them eradicate bedbug infestations.
8. __________________ Bedbugs were wiped out in the U.S. by the 1950’s after the government implemented widespread public education including public service announcements and travel tips.
9. __________________ A commercial district in Washington D.C. has installed an anti-loitering noise device called “The Fly.”
10. __________________ The owners who installed the anti-loitering device say they are targeting teenagers who bother their customers.