Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true.
1. __________________ The Democratic Republic of the Congo has some of the most fertile soil in Africa, and rich mineral deposits, but it is ranked as one of the poorest countries in the world.
2. __________________ The United Nations has stationed troops in far eastern Congo, in an effort to train the Congolese army and protect the many isolated villages there. The $1.2 million a year Congo mission is the largest and most expensive peacekeeping effort in U.N. history.
3. __________________ Approximately half of all health care workers in the U.S. avoid getting a yearly flu shot.
4. __________________ Most health care workers who refuse to get flu shots do so because they think the shots are too expensive.
5. __________________ The Iranian government insists that its nuclear program is for the sole purpose of building nuclear weapons.
6. __________________ The U.S. envoy to the International Atomic Energy Agency made the Obama administration’s strongest comments yet on Iran’s nuclear threat, saying the U.S. would be forced to take military action against Iran if it did not suspend its nuclear program.
7. __________________ The Memorial Plaza at the World Trade Center will open by September 11, 2010.
8. __________________ The Museum to be build beneath the Memorial Plaza will open one year after the Memorial.
9. __________________ The purpose of including in the memorial the terrorists photos and statements on their planned attack is to show that these were evil men bent on committing mass murder on in an attack on the United States.
10. __________________ Debra Burlingame, whose brother was a pilot on the plane that the hijackers crashed into the Pentagon, feels strongly that the memorials to 9/11 tell the truth about what happened and that it is not sanitized.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.