1. Which group pushed for Tennessee’s new law that will make it a crime to use another person’s Netflix or Rhapsody account, even with permission from that person?
c) the recording industry
d) the cable companies
2. Who is the intended target of the Tennessee Netflix law?
a) Wii users
b) Amazon customers
c) people who use a friend’s or relative’s account
d) hackers and thieves who sell passwords in bulk
3. _______________ has invited the nation’s governors to join him in a prayer day to seek God’s guidance to deal with the problems facing America.
a) New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie
b) Texas Gov. Rick Perry
c) President Obama
d) New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo
4. Elected officials calling on Americans to pray for the country:
a) has been done throughout American history
b) has only been done once before in the history of the U.S.
c) has always been opposed by a vast majority of Americans
d) is unprecedented
5. The IATA’s “Checkpoint of the Future,” which is meant to make the airport security experience less time-consuming and stressful, will
a) separate passengers by security risk
b) separate passengers by religion
c) separate passengers by nationality
d) separate passengers by age
6. The “Checkpoint of the Future” requires travelers to walk through one of three 20-foot-long tunnels that can:
a) evaluate a passenger’s facial expressions and whether he acts in a nervous manner
b) conduct a full-body scan and robotic enhanced pat down to check for hidden explosives
c) quickly scan shoes and carry-on luggage and check for liquids and explosives
d) cause any explosives hidden on the traveler to safely explode in the tunnel, killing only the bomb-carrier and no one else
7. The Wallow Wildfire in eastern Arizona has been burning for approximately:
a) 1 day
b) 2 days
c) 10 days
d) 1 month
8. ____________________ has caused the fire to spread quickly and made it difficult for firefighters to contain.
a) The lack of firefighters in Arizona
b) The wind
c) A lack of rainfall
d) The refusal of firefighters to go into harms way
9. Judges from the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals are hearing an appeal this week by __________ states opposed to the new health care law.
10. At issue is the ______________________.
a) requirement that insurance companies drop restrictions on pre-existing conditions
b) fact that the majority of Americans oppose the law and want it repealed
c) fact that Congress members and their families have their own separate medical insurance and will not be required to enroll in ObamaCare
d) individual mandate, which requires all Americans to purchase health insurance
NOTE: “Answers by Email” has ended for the summer–this is the last quiz of the school year. Answers to this quiz will be posted below on Monday afternoon.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the answers.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.
1. c) the recording industry
2. d) hackers and thieves who sell passwords in bulk
3. b) Texas Gov. Rick Perry
4. a) has been done throughout American history
5. a) separate passengers by security risk
6. c) quickly scan shoes and carry-on luggage and check for liquids and explosives
7. c) 10 days
8. b) The wind
9. a) 26
10. d) individual mandate, which requires all Americans to purchase health insurance