DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ The FDA proposed rules last week for e-cigarettes that would include prohibiting sales to anyone under 18 and require manufacturers to submit their products for FDA approval.
2. __________________ The FDA’s proposed rules for e-cigarettes did not include banning advertising or require manufacturers to disclose ingredients.
3. __________________ Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu suspended peace talks with the Palestinians last week after Fatah and Hamas agreed to work together to form a unity government.
4. __________________ The condition for resuming peace talks, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said, is “Either Hamas disavows the destruction of Israel and embraces peace and denounces terror, or president Abbas renounces Hamas.”
5. __________________ In January the U.S. military updated its policy on religious accommodation, ruling that it would be a problem for soldiers to dress according to their religious custom if it interfered with good order and discipline within their units.
6. __________________ Sikhs, Muslims, Jews and other groups that wear beards, long hair or articles of clothing such as turbans and yarmulkes are expected to be affected by the Army’s dress policy that was approved in January.
7. __________________ After two deaths resulted from people who took overdoses from purchasing legal amounts of marijuana, the Colorado Department of Revenue, which oversees legal marijuana sales and manufacturing, announced they would work to outlaw recreational edible marijuana.
8. __________________ The state of Colorado considers 10mg of THC a serving of the drug but 100mg (10 servings) can legally be put in one single piece of pot candy.
9. __________________ Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, who is in charge of the Russian space program and was sanctioned by the U.S. because of the Ukraine crisis, tweeted this week that the U.S. should get their astronauts to the ISS using a pogo stick.
10. __________________ The U.S. currently pays Russia about $71 million per seat to transport our astronauts to the ISS because it’s cheaper than using our own space shuttles.