DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ The federal government is pushing for laws to regulate home satellite dishes in various cities around the country.
2. __________________ Most politicians who want to regulate satellite dishes are opposed to their appearance.
3. __________________ It was reported this week that the Obama administration has been secretly releasing some captured Taliban fighters from a detention center in Afghanistan.
4. __________________ As a condition of being released from prison, the captured Taliban fighters must promise to give up violence and are told they will be punished if they go back on their word.
5. __________________ A new underwear bomb plot being planned by al Qaeda in Pakistan was recently thwarted by the U.S. and our foreign allies.
6. __________________ Intelligence gathered during the plans to plant an underwear bomber on a plane bound for the U.S. led to a U.S. drone strike that killed a top al Qaeda operative in Yemen.
7. __________________ A location in southeastern New Mexico has been chosen by the federal government as the place where they will build a research city that will house no residents.
8. __________________ The purpose of the town being built in New Mexico is to enable researchers to test new technologies on existing infrastructure without interfering in everyday life.
9. __________________ President Obama announced this week that he believes same-sex marriage should be legal.
10. _________________ President Obama is one of many presidents to voice his support for legalizing same-sex marriage while in office.