DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ The South Korean government announced this week that it is cutting off all trade with North Korea after confirming that the North Korean military sank a South Korean cruise ship.
2. __________________ The U.S. has refused to make any arrangements to stand behind South Korea.
3. __________________ Responding to calls for White House intervention, the Obama administration’s manager for the federal disaster teams in the Gulf said the government does not have more technology or expertise than BP to deal with the leaking well.
4. __________________ Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger of Louisiana asked the Obama Administration this week to permit the state to build sand berms (barriers) offshore.
5. __________________ This week, President Obama ordered 1,200 National Guard troops be sent to the U.S.-Mexico border.
6. __________________ President Obama ordered the National Guard troops be sent to the U.S.-Mexico border because he believes there can be no comprehensive immigration reform bill without first securing the borders.
7. __________________ A growing number of cities and states are attempting to implement tax on soda as a way to force kids to stop drinking soda.
8. __________________ Philadelphia’s mayor has proposed a 2 cents tax on every bottle, can or cup of soda sold in that city.
9. __________________ The purpose of Memorial Day is to honor soldiers who fought in WWII.
10.__________________ Suggested ways to observe Memorial Day include visiting memorials, flying the U.S. Flag at half-staff until noon and visiting cemeteries and placing flags or flowers on the graves of our fallen heroes.
“Answers by email” are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.