Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true.
1. __________________ Women were first given the right to vote and run for office in Kuwait in 1961.
2. __________________ In this week’s election, Kuwaiti voters elected a parliament that includes its first female lawmakers.
3. __________________ In his meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu this week, President Obama said that he may push for much stronger international sanctions against Iran if negotiations don’t work.
4. __________________ In his meeting with the Israeli premier, President Obama also said he rejected artificial timelines for the talks with Iran on their nuclear weapons program.
5. __________________ Iranian President Netanyahu announced this week that his country had successfully launched a missile capable of reaching Israel.
6. __________________ The Iranian president said that if more sanctions were placed on his country, his government will end all nuclear activity.
7. __________________ In an effort to reach American soldiers stationed in remote bases in Afghanistan, the USO has designed “USO in a Box,” which come in trailers and are delivered directly to the bases by helicopter.
8. __________________ “USO in a Box” and “USO to Go” bring celebrity tours directly to soldiers in remote locations.
9. __________________ The purpose of Memorial Day is to honor all those who have served in the military.
10. __________________ Some ways to observe Memorial Day include: visiting cemeteries and placing flags or flowers on the graves of our fallen heroes, visiting memorials to our military, and flying the U.S. Flag at half-staff until noon.