1. What is the purpose of the Parental Rights constitutional Amendment introduced by Republican members of Congress in March 2009?
a) to ensure that parental rights are preserved as a fundamental constitutional right
b) to establish the fundamental right of parents to homeschool their children
c) to establish that the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child takes precedence over individual parental rights in America
d) to acknowledge that international law supersedes parental rights in the United States
2. The main co-sponsors of the Parental Rights Amendment are:
a) Rep. Nancy Pelosi and Sen. Arlen Specter
b) Senators Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden
c) Rep. Pete Hoekstra and Sen. Jim DeMint
d) Representatives Dennis Kucinich and Steny Hoyer
3. Most people confirmed earlier this week to have the new __________ flu were infected while in Mexico.
4. The Federal Agency that issued emergency guidelines allowing certain antiviral drugs to be used widely if mass dosing is needed to deal with the flu outbreak is the:
a) Food and Drug Administration
b) Department of Homeland Security
c) Department of Social Security
d) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
5. The U.S. is considering giving the ______________ government $1 billion in emergency aid to help them fight the Taliban.
6. What poses the greatest threat to the U.S. if the Taliban takes over the country referred to in question #5?
a) this country has nuclear weapons
b) the Taliban could destroy a key dam that would result in the flooding of millions of acres of crops which are sold to the U.S.
c) the Taliban would implement Sharia law and deny women any freedom
d) the government was an extremely useful ally in helping the U.S. hunt down and destroy terrorists
7. In India’s current general election, approximately _________ eligible voters are under the age of 25.
a) 2 million
b) 20 million
c) 200 million
d) 720 million
8. Which of the following is not one of the most important issues to young voters in India?
a) social security
b) the threat of terrorism
c) job security
d) government officials’ abuse of power
9. Which Supreme Court Justice announced that he/she will retire in June?
a) Ruth Bader Ginsburg
b) John Paul Stevens
c) Stephen G. Breyer
d) David H. Souter
10. Which president appointed the retiring justice to the Supreme Court?
a) Franklin D. Roosevelt
b) George W. Bush
c) George H.W. Bush
d) Bill Clinton
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.