DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ The U.S. Supreme Court heard a case last week involving a challenge to Texas DMV’s decision to turn down a proposal for a specialty license plate depicting an American Flag.
2. __________________ Texas argues that license plates are government property on which the government can decide its own message.
3. __________________ An American astronaut traveled with two Russians to the International Space Station on Saturday, beginning NASA’s first attempt at a one-year spaceflight for an astronaut.
4. __________________ The purpose of the ISS mission is to measure the effects of a prolonged period of weightlessness on the human body, a step toward possible missions to Mars or beyond.
5. __________________ The U.S. State Department this week released some of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s emails to the Associated Press, which the organization had requested under the Freedom of Information Act.
6. __________________ The Associated Press was given access to thousands of Mrs. Clinton’s unclassified emails.
7. __________________ Each year, tens of thousands of Chinese citizens travel to the U.S. so their babies will be born as American citizens.
8. __________________ Chinese women who travel to the U.S. to give birth are told to lie about the purpose of their visit by listing “tourism” as the reason for their travel.
9. __________________ California Gov. Jerry Brown announced an executive action this week requiring residents to reduce water usage by 5 percent across the state.
10. __________________ Gov. Brown’s action marks the first time in California’s history that the entire state will have to abide by strict water restrictions.