DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ The FAA has recently given approval to dozens of universities and supermarkets to use drones.
2. __________________ People are expected to express concerns over invasion of privacy upon learning of the FAA’s multiple approvals of drones for non-military use.
3. __________________ Approximately 40-60% of Detroit’s fires occur in vacant buildings.
4. __________________ The Detroit Fire Commissioner has proposed allowing some abandoned buildings to burn down as one of the way of covering the budget cuts in the Fire Department.
5. __________________ A former Marine and Secret Service agent has left his secure job to open a dog training school in Virginia.
6. __________________ The former Marine and Secret Service agent become qualified to open his own dog training school through a lot of hard work and preparation.
7. __________________ The Arizona state government has passed a law on illegal immigration that includes requiring local police officers to check a person’s immigration status while enforcing other laws if reasonable suspicion exists that the person is in the U.S. illegally.
8. __________________ The Obama administration has sued Arizona over its illegal immigration law because they say they don’t want to enforce the law.
9. __________________ Michelin and other tire companies are opening factories in South Carolina because the state does not have a right-to-work law.
10. __________________ Michelin will make heavy tires used in the construction and mining industries in the new factories the company is opening in South Carolina.