DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ The FAA has recently given approval to dozens of universities and supermarkets to use drones.
2. __________________ People are expected to express concerns over invasion of privacy upon learning of the FAA’s multiple approvals of drones for non-military use.
3. __________________ Approximately 40-60% of Detroit’s fires occur in vacant buildings.
4. __________________ The Detroit Fire Commissioner has proposed allowing some abandoned buildings to burn down as one of the way of covering the budget cuts in the Fire Department.
5. __________________ A former Marine and Secret Service agent has left his secure job to open a dog training school in Virginia.
6. __________________ The former Marine and Secret Service agent become qualified to open his own dog training school through a lot of hard work and preparation.
7. __________________ The Arizona state government has passed a law on illegal immigration that includes requiring local police officers to check a person’s immigration status while enforcing other laws if reasonable suspicion exists that the person is in the U.S. illegally.
8. __________________ The Obama administration has sued Arizona over its illegal immigration law because they say they don’t want to enforce the law.
9. __________________ Michelin and other tire companies are opening factories in South Carolina because the state does not have a right-to-work law.
10. __________________ Michelin will make heavy tires used in the construction and mining industries in the new factories the company is opening in South Carolina.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.