DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ Recently, park rangers closed a large area of Jellystone National Park because of widespread graffiti found in the popular Rattlesnake Canyon.
2. __________________ Defacing National Park property carries a maximum sentence of 60 years in prison and a $5,000 fine, park officials said.
3. __________________ A ban on cellphones and other electronics began this week at the busiest criminal court facility in the country, which is in Chicago. The judge implementing the ban said that in court, people take photos of witnesses in an attempt to intimidate them.
4. __________________ Those exempt from the ban at the courthouse include accused criminals on trial.
5. __________________ In January, DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano made an agreement with Saudi Arabia to grant their citizens Global Entry status to the U.S., allowing “pre-approved, low-risk travelers” to pass through customs more quickly in the United States.
6. __________________ According to the DHS website, the only other countries which have been given Global Status thus far include North Korea, Cuba and Iran.
7. __________________ The USDA’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service recently launched a new livestock identification program to help agriculture officials quickly track livestock. Its main goal is to micromanage the cattle industry.
8. __________________ The new APHIS program is voluntary and applies only to animals being shipped across state lines.
9. __________________ Doctors have been able to better treat victims of Monday’s terrorist attack in Boston due to dramatic advances in treatment made from troops’ injuries in Iraq and Afghanistan.
10. __________________ Victims of bomb explosions are so challenging to treat because they typically have multiple complex physical injuries that may include loss of limbs, fractures, brain damage, and vision and hearing impairment.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.