DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ Ukraine’s President said in an address on Sunday that Ukraine is launching a “large-scale anti-terrorist operation” to resist attacks by armed pro-Russian forces.
2. __________________ Russia’s Foreign Ministry responded to President Turchynov’s decree by agreeing to immediately pull their troops back from the border.
3. __________________ Amazon launched a new employee program this week called “Sluggards Be Gone” for employees who work in Amazon fulfillment centers. In the first year, the company offers those who want to quit $2,000. After that, it rises $1,000 every year until it reaches $5,000.
4. __________________ The aim of Amazon’s program is to weed out employees who are unsatisfied with their job and not engaged and replace them with motivated, hard-working employees.
5. __________________ In response to the crisis in Ukraine, President Obama has repeatedly said the Kremlin’s advances into eastern Ukraine would be a “serious escalation” of the conflict that would warrant broad international sanctions on the Russian economy.
6. __________________ Only Republicans are pushing President Obama to impose more robust sanctions against Russia now to serve as a deterrent against a full-on Russian military incursion.
7. __________________ A new study of casual pot smokers found that young, casual marijuana smokers experience potentially harmful changes to their brains.
8. __________________ Researchers who conducted the study say marijuana use in this group altered regions of the brain related to motivation and emotion.
9. __________________ In the “Grandparent scam” scammers dupe seniors into believing that their son or daughter is in trouble and needs financial assistance immediately.
10. __________________ Scammers say they target seniors because they know seniors won’t report it to police once they realize they fell for a trick.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.