1. Major League Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred pulled this year’s baseball All-Star Game out of Atlanta two days after President Biden urged a boycott due to Georgia’s new election law, which he calls “racist.” The commissioner’s move will:
a) cause baseball fans to cheer his bravery and courage
b) have no impact on the city
c) cost the city up to $100 million in revenue
d) earn him a spot in the Baseball Commissioners’ Hall of Fame
2. The baseball commissioner’s move is seen as hypocritical because: (CIRCLE ALL THAT APPLY)
a) MLB requires fans to show photo identification cards to pick up tickets to all MLB games
b) MLB has allowed games to be played in other states with similar election laws
c) MLB signed a deal to stream games with Tencent, a company backed by the Communist Party of China, which is committing genocide against ethnic Muslim Uighers
d) MLB has a recruitment deal with communist Cuba, which does not have free and fair elections
3. Prince Hamzah bin Hussein, the former crown prince and half-brother of King Abdullah II of _______________ said he has been placed on house arrest and had his communication cut off following the discovery of a plot to overthrow the king.
a) Saudi Arabia
b) United Arab Emirates
4. The U.S. voiced support for King Abdullah. Other countries also sending messages of support for the king include all but which one?
b) Saudi Arabia
d) Great Britain
5. The day after Customs and Border Protection posted a press release announcing the arrest of two Yemeni men on the terrorist watch list who had illegally entered the U.S. on the southern border, CBP:
a) released the men’s names
b) deleted the press release from their website
c) gave further details about where the men are now
d) removed the black strips covering their eyes in the photos
6. During a border trip last month, Republican Rep. John Katko told reporters that agents had said they were arresting terrorism suspects amid the migrant surge. Democrats and activists:
a) expressed agreement with Rep. Katko’s concerns
b) mocked Rep. Katko’s revelation
c) called on President Biden to close the border
d) called Rep. Katko a “lying dog-faced pony soldier”
7. Yom HaShoah – Holocaust Remembrance Day – is _______________ day of commemoration for the approximately six million Jews who perished in the Holocaust as a result of the actions carried out by Nazi Germany.
a) the United Nations’
c) the UK’s
8. In addition to a wreath laying ceremony on Yom HaShoah, remembrance ceremonies are held in schools, army bases and government buildings. At 10 a.m., sirens are sounded across the country, and all activity comes to a standstill _______________ to honor the 6 million murdered in the Holocaust.
a) for 2 seconds
b) for 2 minutes
c) for 2 hours
d) all of the above
9. _______________ Rep. Henry Cuellar revealed last week that families who had crossed the border illegally were released by CBP in one weekend “without a notice to appear” in court.
10. CBP most likely did not give the families Notices to Appear in court as a way to ease the burden on the overcrowded facilities run by Customs and Border Protection, which has come under fire for holding children for longer than the legal _______________ limit.
a) 2 hour
b) 2 day
c) 72 hour
d) 72 day
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.