DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ The recent earthquake and tsunami in Japan have caused the factories of some major auto makers to shut down, slowing production around the world.
2. __________________ A plant in Michigan that cleans and services painting systems in auto factories has had an enormous increase in business as a result of the disasters in Japan.
3. __________________ McDonald’s plans on hiring 5,000,000 employees across the country on April 19th.
4. __________________ McDonald’s currently has 65 employees in the U.S.
5. __________________ School superintendents across the country are actively recruiting foreign students to attend their high schools.
6. __________________ Maine superintendents are recruiting foreign students as a way to provide free Chinese language lessons for their students.
7. __________________ The current drought in Oklahoma is causing farmers to lose all or part of their tomato crops.
8. __________________ In addition to crop loss, dozens of homeowners in Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas have lost their homes as a result of grassfires which spread out of control because of the drought.
9. __________________ The U.S. military ended the Taliban’s IED attacks on military convoys by constantly monitoring the roads with drones that could spot terrorists placing bombs, and then calling in helicopter gunships to kill them.
10. __________________ Congressman Duncan Hunter has proposed having U.S. troops use Afghan civilians as human shields to protect soldiers from stepping on IEDs.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.