DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ Farmers and ranchers in several Northeastern states face grasshopper infestations this year.
2. __________________ Grasshopper infestations destroy crops and land used for grazing by eating everything in site.
3. __________________ U.S. General Stanley McChrystal has given orders to close junk food concessions on U.S. NATO bases in Iraq.
4. __________________ Explaining the General’s order to close fast-food restaurants Burger King and Pizza Hut on the bases, a Sgt.-Major wrote: “This is a war zone, not an amusement park.”
5. __________________ The Republican party is strongly opposed to an expansion of offshore oil drilling.
6. __________________ President Obama’s offshore drilling proposal includes new development off the coasts of Northern Atlantic states and California.
7. __________________ The Republican governor and Democratic senators from Virginia all support offshore drilling off the coast of Virginia.
8. __________________ Environmentalists oppose offshore drilling because they say it will harm marine life.
9. __________________ Venezuelan soldier Sgt. Pablo Emilio Moncayo was released this week after being held hostage by FARC terrorists for 12 years.
10. __________________ Sgt. Moncayo credited his love for his family with his ability to survive as a captive for so many years.