DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ Poland’s President Lech Kaczynski along with top Polish political, military and religious leaders died in a plane crash in Russia on Saturday.
2. __________________ The Polish plane was traveling to a memorial ceremony for the thousands of Polish military officers executed by Stalin’s secret police in 1980.
3. __________________ As the new health-care law takes effect across the country experts are predicting that there will be a shortfall of physicians.
4. __________________ The greatest demand will be for doctors who specialize in many different areas of medicine.
5. __________________ A recent study of the big three networks: CNN, Fox News and MSNBC concluded that these stations have demonstrated bias toward the “tea party” movement.
6. __________________ The media outlets displayed bias toward tea-party rallies by first ignoring them, and then maligning them, according to the watchdog organization that conducted the study.
7. __________________ Volcanic ash from an erupting volcano in Thailand has caused air-traffic controllers to close airports in parts of Europe and Scandinavia.
8. __________________ Planes cannot fly through volcanic ash because many pilots are afraid of the dark.
9. __________________ While airlines are losing money due to airport closures, other businesses such as rental-car companies and hotels will benefit from the delays.
10. __________________ The flight disruptions due to volcanic ash have grounded about half of the daily cargo flown between Asia and Europe.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.