DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ New Balance is the sole athletic-shoe maker that still has factories in the U.S. Those plants make about 25% of the shoes it sells domestically.
2. __________________ Nine percent of all shoes sold in the U.S. are foreign-made.
3. __________________ Euro zone finance ministers announced Saturday that in return for a $13 billion bailout to Cyprus, people who hold savings accounts in Cyprus banks must give a portion of their deposits to pay toward the bailout.
4. __________________ Cypriots were apathetic to the news of the confiscation of a portion of their private funds.
5. __________________ According to a recent survey, only 66% percent of workers say they have saved for retirement. This is an increase from previous years.
6. __________________ Longer life spans of retired employees is a major factor contributing to companies’ increasing difficulties paying for pension obligations.
7. __________________ On his first trip to Israel, President Obama was greeted with great enthusiasm by Palestinians in the West Bank.
8. __________________ Palestinians believe President Obama has done a good job of establishing a lasting peace between their people and Israel.
9. __________________ The “Trusted Traveler” program, which Saudi Arabia was permitted to join in January with the approval of DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano, was designed to ease entry into the United States for low-risk airline passengers.
10. __________________ Fifteen of the nineteen 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia.