DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ Senate Republicans on Thursday defeated a Democratic proposal to give a permit to the Keystone XL crude oil pipeline which would have run from Canada to Texas.
2. __________________ According to the latest Pew poll, two-thirds of Americans who know about the Keystone XL pipeline debate think it should be approved.
3. __________________ The Obama administration on Monday blocked a new law in Texas requiring voters to show photo identification before voting.
4. __________________ The Texas law requiring voters to show photo identification is intended to block Democratic supporters from voting.
5. __________________ Buford, Wyoming, with a population of one, is the highest town in elevation on the I-80 route from California to New York.
6. __________________ The sole resident of Buford is selling the town through an auction company on April 5.
7. __________________ Starting Monday, travelers over the age of 95 will get a break at four airports’ TSA security checkpoints under a test program that could allow them to keep their shoes and light jackets on and skip pat-downs.
8. __________________ The four airports where the TSA screening changes are being tested were chosen because they have a higher percentage of travelers who have sued the TSA over invasive pat-downs.
9. __________________ GM is halting production of their plug-in electric hybrid car (the Volt) for the next five weeks because they cannot keep up with consumer demand for the car and need to build bigger assembly plants
10. __________________ The cost of a new Volt is approximately $40,000.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.