DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ Wisconsin lawmakers this week voted to make their state the first to enact right-to-work legislation and sent it on to Gov. Scott Walker for his promised signature.
2. __________________ The right to work law gives employees the right to decide for themselves whether or not to join or financially support a union.
3. __________________ After posting derogatory remarks about his employer on Facebook while home in the U.S., an American contractor working for a company in the UAE was arrested upon returning to Abu Dhabi and faces the firing squad.
4. __________________ The contractor was arrested for breaking an Emirates law by slandering his employer.
5. __________________ This week, Democratic senators warned the leaders of Iran in an open letter that any nuclear deal they made with President Obama could expire the day he leaves office.
6. __________________ The senators wrote the letter after President Obama decided to negotiate an executive agreement instead of a treaty with Iran.
7. __________________ If Utah’s governor signs a bill passed by the state assembly this week, the law will allow the Department of Corrections to execute inmates by firing squad if the victim’s family chooses that means of execution.
8. __________________ The Republican congressman who sponsored the bill said that lethal injection is the preferred method of execution in the state, but that it no longer has access to one of the drugs necessary for the procedure.
9. __________________ Three men were arrested in Los Angeles this week for running fake schools where foreign students paid to get student visas but did not really take any classes.
10. __________________ After the 9/11 terrorist attacks, ICE placed schools on the honor system as a way of preventing student visa fraud.