DIRECTIONS: Decide whether the statement is true or false. Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ The cost to build Apple’s recently completed new headquarters in California was $5 million.
2. __________________ Apple’s new headquarters building is made with many marble walls inside and out. The problem with this design is that workers have been walking into walls and getting injured.
3. __________________ For the first time since the Vietnam War ended, a US Navy aircraft carrier traveled to Vietnam and anchored off the port city of Danang last week.
4. __________________ Analysts say the U.S. military visit to Vietnam is intended to send a message to China over its aggressive island building and militarization in the South China Sea.
5. __________________ A recent report revealed that a larger share of older people reported that they lost money to fraud than younger individuals did in 2017.
6. __________________ One of the reasons this age group is more susceptible to scammers is that they are more inclined to share personal information online.
7. __________________ The Department of Justice filed a lawsuit this week against Texas over the state’s “sanctuary” laws.
8. __________________ Attorney General Jeff Sessions said that the Justice Department isn’t asking the state to enforce federal immigration law, but rather is asking officials there to “stop actively obstructing federal law enforcement.”
9. __________________ After testing its technology earlier last year, Amazon began contracting with trucking companies to use its own autonomous big rigs on delivery runs across Arizona, it was recently reported.
10. __________________ Challenges the company faces in persuading the drivers to buy into the technology include getting drivers to trust the technology and persuading them that it will be worth the cost.