DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ The Pew Research Center’s “State of the News Media” report for 2011 concluded that for the first time more people are getting their news from newspapers than online.
2. __________________ Some people who get their news online instead of from a traditional newspaper say they do so because it is more convenient.
3. __________________ The U.S. military has been hindered in their efforts to assist Japan in disaster relief following the March 11 earthquake and tsunami by attacks from Islamic extremists.
4. __________________ Assistance to Japan from the U.S. includes clothing and blankets, food and water, and nuclear experts to provide advice on the nuclear reactor crisis.
5. __________________ Gadhafi’s snipers and tanks were attacking and killing civilians in Misrata, the last major city in western Syria held by the rebel force trying to end Moamar Gadhafi’s four-decade rule.
6. __________________ In a joint statement to Gadhafi late Friday, the United States and the Arab League called on him to, among other things, pull his troops out of Misrata.
7. __________________ Thirteen illegal immigrants were recently arrested in California traveling in a van with U.S. military plates, and wearing U.S. Marine Uniforms.
8. __________________ The illegal immigrants posing as U.S. soldiers were caught because their military license plates had obviously been altered, and they were all wearing the same name “Finnegan” on their uniforms.
9. __________________ A Texas congressman has proposed new House rules that will require lawmakers to vote separately on funding for every foreign nation receiving U.S. aid.
10. __________________ The congressman proposing new House rules on the procedure for determining foreign aid says splitting each country’s funding into its own bill will make members of Congress think more carefully about which countries deserve money, while adding transparency and accountability to the process.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.