DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ Washington’s Birthday, also known as Presidents’ Day, is a federal holiday observed on the third Monday of February. On this day, many also honor Abraham Lincoln.
2. __________________ On Presidents’ Day, George Washington is remembered for his Emancipation Proclamation and Gettysburg Address.
3. __________________ The FCC last week approved the the first treatment for an inherited disorder that causes the breakdown of cells in the retina, a membrane inside the eye, but did note that while the device will not restore patients’ vision, “it may allow them to detect light and dark in the environment,” which could help them perform daily tasks.
4. __________________ The Second Sight Medical Products device is approved for patients 25 years and older who have an advanced case of the eye disease.
5. __________________ It was reported this week that computer-hackers tied to the Chinese military have stolen massive quantities of data from at least 140 U.S. organizations in 20 major industries since 2006.
6. __________________ The Chinese government has admitted that it is behind the U.S. cyber-hacking cases.
7. __________________ Fifteen years ago, red-light cameras were a rarity. Today, communities in 24 states and Washington, D.C. have installed red-light cameras.
8. __________________ Local governments and other proponents of red-light cameras say the main reason for using the cameras is to increase revenue to their municipality.
9. __________________ Colorado’s new state constitutional amendment on marijuana permits adults over 21 to use the drug, residents and non-residents alike.
10. __________________ Colorado’s marijuana task force was assembled to recommend marijuana regulations, which will ultimately be set by students from the University of Colorado at Boulder.