DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ NBC’s Nightly News anchorman Brian Williams was caught lying last week about a story he has told since 2003 when he covered the Iraq War.
2. __________________ Mr. Williams said more than once that he was flying a helicopter that “was forced down after being hit by an RPG” in Iraq.
3. __________________ Over the weekend, teams competed in the finals of SCI-FI-CON cyber security competition in Japan.
4. __________________ The purpose of the cyber security competition in Japan was to encourage more young Japanese technology engineers to become hackers.
5. __________________ After others across the country have done the same, a mall near Pittsburgh this week introduced a Youth Escort Policy.
6. __________________ The new policy at the Pittsburgh-area mall is being implemented because a lot of the problems that have occurred at the mall have been a result of unsupervised youth.
7. __________________ President Obama sent proposed legislation to Congress this week asking for authorization to begin diplomatic negotiations with ISIS.
8. __________________ The AUMF President Obama wants will last for three years, unless Congress reauthorizes the resolution.
9. __________________ The Pentagon announced this week that U.S. Embassy Marines in Yemen destroyed their machine guns and other crew-served weapons before leaving the Embassy for the airport.
10. __________________ A Marine spokesman told reporters the surrender of weapons by Embassy Marines in an evacuation was typical.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.