DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ NBC’s Nightly News anchorman Brian Williams was caught lying last week about a story he has told since 2003 when he covered the Iraq War.
2. __________________ Mr. Williams said more than once that he was flying a helicopter that “was forced down after being hit by an RPG” in Iraq.
3. __________________ Over the weekend, teams competed in the finals of SCI-FI-CON cyber security competition in Japan.
4. __________________ The purpose of the cyber security competition in Japan was to encourage more young Japanese technology engineers to become hackers.
5. __________________ After others across the country have done the same, a mall near Pittsburgh this week introduced a Youth Escort Policy.
6. __________________ The new policy at the Pittsburgh-area mall is being implemented because a lot of the problems that have occurred at the mall have been a result of unsupervised youth.
7. __________________ President Obama sent proposed legislation to Congress this week asking for authorization to begin diplomatic negotiations with ISIS.
8. __________________ The AUMF President Obama wants will last for three years, unless Congress reauthorizes the resolution.
9. __________________ The Pentagon announced this week that U.S. Embassy Marines in Yemen destroyed their machine guns and other crew-served weapons before leaving the Embassy for the airport.
10. __________________ A Marine spokesman told reporters the surrender of weapons by Embassy Marines in an evacuation was typical.