DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true.
1. __________________ The latest report by the U.N.’s IAEA determined that Iran and Egypt are secretly working on nuclear technology in a manner which risks peace in the region and the world, while ignoring their international obligations.
2. __________________ The IAEA’s report neglected to underscore the fact that the Iranian government already has enough fissile material to produce an atomic bomb.
3. __________________ Several Democratic governors this week declined millions of dollars in federal funds from the stimulus bill to increase unemployment insurance.
4. __________________ The governors refused the unemployment insurance portion of the stimulus money because the strings attached require states to expand unemployment benefits, which could require them to raise taxes on business to keep the benefits in place once the federal money is gone.
5. __________________ The results of a Zogby poll from the end of January showed that 80% of Americans agree that teachers and student should have the academic freedom to discuss both the strengths and weaknesses of evolution as a scientific theory.
6. __________________ The Zogby poll results also showed that on 14% of Americans agreed with the statement that teachers should teach only Darwin’s theory of evolution and the scientific evidence that supports it.
7. __________________ A senior at Grove City College deactivated his Facebook account, and has encouraged others to do so also, because he said it was obsolete.
8. __________________ A resident director at Houghton College is encouraging students to abstain from certain technologies (including iPods, cell phones, the Internet, etc.) to examine how technology affects their lives.
9. __________________ The one industry in India that continues to boom in the midst of the economic slowdown is selling cell phones to city residents.
10. __________________ Poor farmers in India mainly use cell phones to send tweets to their friends.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.