DIRECTIONS: Decide whether the bolded section is true or false. Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false bolded statement to make it true.
1. __________________ Two years earlier than what was previously expected, the United States is set to become a net energy exporter starting next year and is expected to be so for at least 3 years.
2. __________________ The shale revolution that began last decade was the basis for the U.S. set to export more energy than we import. New technology unlocked vast amounts of natural gas and crude oil in the United States.
3. __________________ On Sunday, a group of survivors, politicians and foreign dignitaries marked International Holocaust Remembrance Day in a ceremony at Auschwitz, the largest Nazi death camp, in Germany.
4. __________________ According to the UN, the purpose of International Holocaust Remembrance Day is not only to remember the victims of the Holocaust but also to promote the education of the Holocaust throughout the world.
5. __________________ The CBP Commissioner recently raised concerns that a new trend in border crossings was emerging: very large groups of migrants, including women and children, arriving at the southern border by plane and unloading in remote areas, usually once or twice a week.
6. __________________ Problems Border Patrol must address with huge groups including families illegally crossing into the U.S. include: uses up manpower and resources, limited space to house the larger numbers, the system is set up to handle adults, not children; agents are not medical personnel.
7. __________________ This week’s deep freeze in the Midwest has caused widespread school and business closures, as well as suspension of mail delivery to a large part of the region – in parts or all of several Midwest states including North and South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa and Illinois
8. __________________ Wednesday night forecasts called for temperatures as low as minus 21 degrees, with wind chills to minus 40 in Chicago; in Detroit, the weather forecast for Wednesday night is lows around minus 12, with wind chills dropping to minus 35. A wind chill of minus 25 can freeze skin within 1 minute, according to the National Weather Service.
9. __________________ U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) agents made the largest fentanyl bust in history at the Mariposa Port of entry near Nogales, Arizona on Saturday.
10. __________________ Fentanyl, which is up to 10 times more powerful than morphine, killed more than 28,000 Americans in 2017, according to the Centers for Disease Control.