DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ The Obama administration announced in November that they have successfully deradicalized thousands of Taliban jihadists using special boot camps – and now believe the same methods will succeed with ISIS terrorists.
2. __________________ When the Taliban jihadists first began the deradicalization program, the terrorists were segregated and categorized by their ages and their favorite food.
3. __________________ This week, the FAA rolled out calorie labeling rules requiring establishments that sell prepared foods and have 20 or more locations to post the calorie content of food and beverages “clearly and conspicuously” on their menus, menu boards and displays.
4. __________________ Calorie labeling became law as part of Obamacare in early 2010; companies will have one year to comply with the new regulations.
5. __________________ After a 3 month investigation, USA Today has reported that Colorado marijuana regulators cannot even say how much marijuana has been grown and sold in the state since it became legal on Jan. 1.
6. __________________ In multiple cases, Colorado state investigators found stores had far more marijuana than they were disclosing – believed to be a way for the store owners to avoid paying taxes on those sales or selling the extra on the black market.
7. __________________ This year marks the last official survivor gathering of the USS Arizona Reunion Association at Pearl Harbor to remember the approximately 2,400 sailors, Marines and soldiers who were killed in the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.
8. __________________ The day after the Dec. 7, 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor, President Roosevelt gave his famous “Ask not what your country can do for you” speech, asking Congress to declare war.
9. __________________ NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio has announced an initiative to build one of the world’s largest municipal Wi-Fi networks to replace the city’s pay phones.
10. __________________ The NYC wi-fi initiative will be paid for with taxpayer money, officials said.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.