NOTE: As there were only three Daily News Articles this week, half of the following questions are from recent stories in the news this week.
1. President-elect Donald Trump has picked former military leaders for all but which one of the following posts?
a) Secretary of State
b) Secretary of Defense
c) Secretary of Homeland Security
d) National Security Adviser
2. During President Obama’s two terms, __________ retired generals held key roles in his administration.
3. Former __________ players Jim Brown and Ray Lewis met with Donald Trump this week. Mr. Brown said, “We couldn’t have had a better meeting. The graciousness, the intelligence, the reception we got was fantastic.”
4. Jim Brown and Ray Lewis met with Donald Trump this week regarding reducing gang violence and improving economic opportunities in black communities. Jim Brown’s Amer-I-Can is a non-profit which aims to keep kids away from:
a) gang violence
d) all of the above
5. President-elect Donald Trump invited all but which one of the following to a tech summit this week at Trump Tower?
a) Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey
b) Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk
c) Apple CEO Tim Cook
d) Amazon’s Jeff Bezos
e) Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg
f) Alphabet (Google) CEO Larry Page
6. President-elect Trump picked __________ to head the Energy Department on Wednesday, seeking to put the former Texas governor in control of an agency whose name he forgot during a presidential debate even as he vowed to abolish it.
a) Chris Christie
b) Rick Perry
c) Rudy Giuliani
d) Mike Pence
7. Yahoo announced in September that 500 million user accounts had been hacked in 2014. On Wednesday, the company disclosed that a different attack in 2013 compromised more than __________ accounts.
a) 1 gazillion
b) 100 million
c) 1 billion
d) 1 million
8. Yahoo’s chief information security officer Bob Lord says that the company hasn’t been able to determine ____________________. He said, “The stolen user account information may have included names, email addresses, telephone numbers, dates of birth, hashed passwords (using MD5) and, in some cases, encrypted or unencrypted security questions and answers.” Yahoo was alerted to the massive breach by law enforcement.
a) how the data was stolen
b) what data has been stolen
c) both a) and b)
d) neither a) nor b)
9. As the civil war continues in Syria, there is a dire humanitarian crisis in the city of __________.
10. Syria’s president, Bashar Assad, is being aided by __________ and __________.
a) the U.S. and the EU
b) Iraq and the U.S.
c) Russia and Iran
d) the UN and Russia