DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true.
1. __________________ Turkmenistan is a former republic of the Soviet Union.
2. __________________ Some Western executives are interested in Turkmenistan because it has a huge reserve of oil.
3. __________________ The terrorists behind the Sept. 11 attacks want to confess their guilt because they are filled with guilt and remorse for their horrific acts.
4. __________________ Khalid Shaikh Mohammed is the ringleader of the terrorists – he made the detailed plans for the 9-11 attacks.
5. __________________ Peaceful protests have taken place after the death of a 15-year-old boy in an altercation with police in Greece.
6. __________________ Despite the violent youth protests in Greece this week, auto workers carried through with their planned strike in a dispute over pay levels etc.
7. __________________ In Zimbabwe there is a malaria epidemic that threatens to become more widespread as the rainy season begins.
8. __________________ The most recent groups of Zimbabweans crossing the border into South Africa are doing so in search of food and medical treatment.
9. __________________ On Thursday the majority of Senate Democrats voted against giving the auto makers a bailout.
10. __________________ Senate Republicans wanted the United Auto Workers union to make more concessions on labor costs, which the union would not agree to do.