DIRECTIONS: Write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement. Rewrite each false statement to make it true.
1. __________________ Turkmenistan is a former republic of the Soviet Union.
2. __________________ Some Western executives are interested in Turkmenistan because it has a huge reserve of oil.
3. __________________ The terrorists behind the Sept. 11 attacks want to confess their guilt because they are filled with guilt and remorse for their horrific acts.
4. __________________ Khalid Shaikh Mohammed is the ringleader of the terrorists – he made the detailed plans for the 9-11 attacks.
5. __________________ Peaceful protests have taken place after the death of a 15-year-old boy in an altercation with police in Greece.
6. __________________ Despite the violent youth protests in Greece this week, auto workers carried through with their planned strike in a dispute over pay levels etc.
7. __________________ In Zimbabwe there is a malaria epidemic that threatens to become more widespread as the rainy season begins.
8. __________________ The most recent groups of Zimbabweans crossing the border into South Africa are doing so in search of food and medical treatment.
9. __________________ On Thursday the majority of Senate Democrats voted against giving the auto makers a bailout.
10. __________________ Senate Republicans wanted the United Auto Workers union to make more concessions on labor costs, which the union would not agree to do.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.