DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ A poll conducted by the Texas State Medical Society found that 44 percent of doctors in that state said they are not participating in the ObamaCare health-care exchange.
2. __________________ According to the head of the Society, doctors are afraid to participate in ObamaCare because they don’t want any new patients.
3. __________________ U.S. authorities announced this week that they have shut down a secret underground tunnel equipped with electricity, ventilation and a rail system before it could be used between Mexico and California.
4. __________________ The plan for the cross-border tunnel was to smuggle migrant workers into California to work on farms there.
5. __________________ Chinese state-run media revealed for the first time last week that Beijing’s nuclear submarines can attack American cities.
6. __________________ China’s navy possesses about 270 submarines.
7. __________________ Scientists announced this week that the DNA of invasive Asian carp has been discovered in a water sample this year. Researchers have been conducting a fish survey to determine how far the carp have advanced toward the Great Lakes.
8. __________________ Asian carp were imported into the U.S. in the 1970s to filter pond water in fish farms in Arkansas.
9. __________________ The U.S. said Tuesday it was going ahead with its missile-defense plans for Poland despite planned negotiations with Iran, one of the main threats the system is designed to counter.
10. __________________ The Saudi government is angry with the Obama administration’s decision to renew the Bush administration’s planned missile-defense system for Poland.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.