DIRECTIONS: For the true/false, write TRUE or FALSE next to each statement, then rewrite each false statement to make it true. (10 points each)
1. __________________ Egypt’s president Mohammed Morsi insisted this week that he would not be another dictator and said his recent decree which grants him absolute powers is temporary.
2. __________________ Mr. Morsi was a member of the Salvation Army before becoming president this year.
3. __________________ An Israeli company is developing a new system for detecting explosives and narcotics at airports, docks and border crossings with the help of specially trained mice.
4. __________________ Mice were chosen to detect explosives because they are easy to care for and cost little to feed.
5. __________________ To counter the growing threat to U.S. Navy ships from small boat swarms used as a means of attack by terrorists and other enemies, the Navy is testing the use of missiles shot from robot boats.
6. __________________ In 2000, al Qaeda used a small boat as a floating suicide bomb to severely damage the Naval destroyer USS Cole.
7. __________________ Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood suspended their work this week to protest President Morsi’s decrees which give him near absolute powers.
8. __________________ The work suspension came a day after 2,000 people gathered at Cairo’s Tahrir square to protest PresidentMorsi’s decrees.
9. __________________ Last month U.S. defense contractor Halliburton successfully tested a new microwave missile that can take out electronic targets with little collateral damage.
10. __________________ During the test, CHAMP fired a burst of High Powered Microwaves at a specific building and knocked out the electronic systems and computers.
Daily “Answers” emails are provided for Daily News Articles, Tuesday’s World Events and Friday’s News Quiz.